August 2018 YogaFaith Christian Yin Yoga Teacher Training Seattle, WA
Dates: 08/11/2018 – 08/12/2018 | Last Day to Register: 08/10/2018
Includes Online Component, immediately available upon Registration!
Hands On Immersion: 8/11-8/12/2018
18850 28th Avenue S.
SeaTac, WA 98188
Yin yoga was created to place moderate stress on the connective tissues; tendons, ligaments and fascia, to focus on increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. Yin focuses on the internal depths, instead of the external superficial. It is a very slow-paced form of yoga, with specific postures that are held anywhere from 45 seconds to 20 minutes. In most western classes, postures are explored for approximately 3-5 minutes.
Yin, generally speaking is a more meditative approach to yoga it focuses on cultivating awareness of inner silence and self examination. In YogaFaith, all that we do includes Jesus at the center and is based on the Bible. We learn through scriptures that God wants us to meditate…often. YogaFaith Yin is a slow, sacred meditation. We will learn to take the postures of yin as well as the postures of prayer and offer them up as whole worship. A body prayer. An offering. Complete and undistracted worship.
Called the Yoga Pastor, Michelle holds Certifications with the American Council of Exercise is a Registered Yoga Trainer with Yoga Alliance at the E-RYT 200/500 level, a R-YFMT, Registered Master YogaFaith Trainer, and Manduka Brand Ambassador.
She is an international speaker and author of Stretching Your Faith, as well as a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. As a Trauma Sensitive Yoga Trainer, Michelle has been instrumental in aiding with the restoration of those who suffer from trauma, intense anxiety or depression into healing and freedom. She travels around the world aiding in the rescue efforts of human traffick victims. She has studied with Eric Walrabenstein as a stress-interdiction specialist through the BootStrap Certification Program.
- Part One and Part Two (Online and Hands-On), 30 hours total of continued education
- Distant Training Portion; 7pm EST Calls: 5/23, 5/30, 6/6 and 6/13/2018
- Accountability partner to journey with (and room with if desired)
- Registered YogaFaith Yin Certification, R-YFYT
- All Sessions
- Breakfast each day for those staying at hotel
- YogaFaith Yin Training Guide
- His Breath, Pranayama for the Christian Yogi, PDF book by YogaFaith
- Habits of Grace PDF book by David Mathis
- 15 Contact and 15 Non-Contact Hours and Continued Education Credits
- Transportation from SeaTac [to and from Hotel as well as within a mile]
- Lodging [can be shared with accountability partner]
Special room rates and nearby hotel to be announced soon. (Approximately $100 single and $50 if shared with partner)
Required Textbooks [not provided]
Stretching Your Faith
The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga, Bernie Clark
- Yoga teachers
- Therapists, Counselors and those seeking additional trauma training
- Prison Volunteers or those wishing to assist the incarcerated
- Youth Counselors and Therapists
- Those interested in teaching at risk youth and in detention halls
- Addiction recovery volunteers seeking a Christ-centered program for teaching yoga and meditation to at-risk populations who are incarcerated or in recovery.
Reserve Your Spot:
These trainings sell out quickly, so reserve your spot soon.
* $200 Non-refundable deposit saves your spot at an Immersion-this is deducted from the immersion cost.