What makes YogaFaith different than the rest?
- Jesus! Jesus sets YogaFaith apart from any other yoga experience! He is the center of everything we do.
- YogaFaith is one of the only Christian trainings that is recognized by the Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of our 200 Yoga Teacher Training you may register with the Yoga Alliance. You will have your R-YFT and RYT Certifications. Upon completion of our 300 Yoga Teacher Training you will receive your Registered YogaFaith Master Trainer Certification as well as register with the Yoga Alliance as a 500 RYT.
- We are a Continued Education Provider for many organizations as well as the Yoga Alliance.
- We are a leadership academy! YogaFaith prides itself on cultivating our students’ unique God given gifts and talents. YogaFaith will develop and nurture the confidence and potential that God has placed inside you, so that you can share your unique gifts with the World. We live in a broken world, that can often be quite dark. The world needs more light! We need you! You will have the boldness and confidence to shine your light before all the world as well as deepen your walk with Christ, and oh yes, learn amazing yoga from the best instructors in their field.
- YogaFaith will equip you with a well rounded education. You will learn and experience numerous styles of yoga, with a unique niche in guiding others into a worshipful experience with instructing YogaFaith. Graduates will leave confident in many of today’s popular styles of yoga.
In a complex and ever-changing world, we believe in simplicity and the power that comes from getting still with the Lord. You may never teach a class, but deepening your own walk with Christ, spending time in His presence often, and connecting with a very special family that is on the same journey as you, is truly priceless.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to have experience?
No, not at all. This training is a perfect way to begin your journey as well as deepen your journey. We have had students with previous trainings say that they learned so much more at YogaFaith’s teacher training (also known as immersion).
For the beginner, we start at the foundation. Our training is based on the Bible and what the Lord has to say about all things yoga. You will learn a lot, but relax, it’s the most amazing ride-so buckle up!
As a Yoga Alliance School, I heard you have to study the Yoga Sutras and other things that I may have conflicts with, is this true?
YogaFaith is centered on the Word of God and the scriptures in The Holy Bible. There are yogic techniques that we compare to Christ and the Bible, but it is for study and comparison just with any other type of education. As a yoga training ground, we would be doing a disservice to our students if we didn’t observe yoga traditions, techniques and philosophies. This is the world our graduates go into, we want our students to graduate as confident and knowledgeable instructors, able to relate to all walks of life and have a deep understanding of who they are in Christ. YogaFaith also has YogaFaith Sutras, an in depth and comprehensive exploration in redeeming the yoga sutras for the glory of God, explored in our 300 YTT.
We are also committed to the highest standards of training students so they may also register as a RYT with the Yoga Alliance and carry an international accreditation. Training with a Registered Yoga School is the standard to become an effective instructor and leader. Do yourself a favor by saving time and finances, whether it is with YogaFaith or another RYS, train with a Registered School.
What types of payments or financing are available?
YogaFaith accepts all forms of payments major credit cards as well as Paypal, checks, and cash.
Because we want to make it available to everybody, we also offer financing and payment plans on an individual need basis.
One may also purchase Modules individually at $250 to “pay as you go.” Modules can then be deducted from any Yoga Alliance Training within six months of purchasing Module One.
We also suggest setting up a fundraiser so you can get the backing of your community. “Many hands make light work.” We have a site that we use where you retain 100% of the donation, as appose to the site keeping a percentage from each donation.
How are scholarships awarded?
Scholarships are awarded a couple of different ways.
- To qualify on a need-basis, YogaFaith calculates a student’s financial need through a formula that looks at the expected contribution from student and the cost of attending a teacher training at YogaFaith.
- Donations from charities or local community fundraisers are done specifically for scholarships; based on funds available, monies can go towards one or more applicant.
- See more information HERE
If I pay for the modules do I also have to pay for the immersion?
Our entire program is designed with the busy person in mind. You can start your YogaFaith journey at anytime, from anywhere in the world. For our 200 YTT there are 5 modules, each at $250. You may purchase one at a time, (which makes for a great payment plan as well) or you can save $100 by purchasing them all at once, see The Complete Modules.
You can obtain your R-YFT Certification from anywhere in the world, you do not have to join an immersion.
If you should decide to join an immersion, monies spent on modules within six months of purchasing, can be applied to a YogaFaith Yoga Alliance Training only.
I am already a RYT but seeking to simply add the YogaFaith certification and become a part of the family, how do I do this?
We appreciate your request! We have seen many student come through our immersion that is their second 200 hour training with the highest compliment that they learned so much! Testimonies have said that our training was such an in-depth and breathtaking body of work that it was completely different than their previous training.
- You may attend an immersion, there is nothing that can replace our hands-on immersion, life-altering experiences! (You would also advance your contact hours)
- Receive a $250 discount on the 5 online Modules and complete our distant certification for only $999 [value is $1250]
Upon completion of training what will I be equipped to do?
Part of our mission at YogaFaith is to equip you for success, not just long after your education, but throughout your training. After receiving your 200 or 300 Hour Certificate (or any of our specialty trainings), R-YFT, you will be a Registered YogaFaith Trainer. You may instruct, train, lead classes, workshops, or other venues. You may choose to never become an instructor at all, but you will gain the wisdom, confidence, and leadership skills to become the best you possible. You will also be able to guide others into a holistic, wellness lifestyle and meet people from all over the world on the same path and develop lifelong friendships and gain an eternal family! YogaFaith is not just a yoga and leadership school, it is a family and we are very intentional about staying connected. We offer retreats, reunions, First Thursday monthly calls, virtual bible studies, private groups to do life together, pray and share vision.
What if I have other people that want to get certified with me?
Awesome! If you bring someone with you, YogaFaith will reward you for spreading the good news by discounting your tuition $100.00, it is our way of saying thank you!
Is it okay to practice Yoga or take training while pregnant?
If you practiced yoga before conception it is okay to continue, it’s a great option for physical fitness during pregnancy and a wonderful way to ease anxiety, stress, or tension. You (may) want to avoid inversion postures or compressing the abdominal at any time during your pregnancy. Yoga will help strengthen the pelvic area, normalize thyroid functions and blood pressure, these are all great benefits to you and the baby. You will learn about Pre- and Post- Natal Yoga during training as well as be trained by professionals that will guide you into modifications during your time at YogaFaith. Yoga is an exceptional way to connect with Christ, pray, and bond with your unborn baby. We have had immobile pregnant students at out YTT’s. Asana is not required, only being present at all the trainings is required.
I recently had surgery and my mobility is limited, can I still attend Immersion?
Absolutely! You will have a front row seat to Yoga Therapeutics, yoga created for those with limitations. We dive into chair yoga and yoga for limitations, what better time for you to truly experience these applications? This will be a time for you to rest, absorb and practice yoga therapy firsthand. Asana is not required, only being present at all the trainings is required.
Do I have to complete all the modules before coming to a retreat?
No. No matter where you are in the journey of the modules you should definitely come to retreat. This is the place where everything comes together and you will receive the contact hours necessary to register with the Yoga Alliance. Perhaps you have not even begun the modules, that is okay, you will start your journey at retreat, while some maybe in the middle and others will receive their certificate at the end of retreat, this is your personal journey with the Lord and yoga.
To receive your certificate on the last day of immersion, you will need the modules and respective quizzes completed to graduate.
What if I am unable to attend retreat or immersion?
We understand life happens and retreat is not always available. Our online program, also known as YogaFaith Distant Learning Program, is a perfect fit for your lifestyle. Modules can be done at your own pace in your own time. You will need to conduct a well-rounded YogaFaith class video, complete the five quizzes that accompany the five modules, and practicum hours to complete your training. After completion you will receive your Registered YogaFaith Trainer Certification, R-YFT.
We recommend this program to be done within 3-6 months.
Can I register with the Yoga Alliance after completing the Distant Learning Program?
No, registering with the Yoga Alliance would require attending a Yoga Alliance immersion for the contact hours (and life changing experience) required to register at the highest standards that both Yoga Alliance and YogaFaith has set forth for the highest standards available.
Can I attend YogaFaith’s 300 hour YTT to become a 500 RYT if my previous training is not Yoga Alliance certified?
Yes, if you have had precious training.
To advance to a 500 RYT your previous training must have been with a Registered Yoga Alliance School at the time of your training. To become a Registered YogaFaith Master Trainer, R-YFMT at the 500 hour level, your previous training can be from a non-yoga alliance school. [Our online and hands on consists of 300 hours to add to a 200 hour training, equaling 500 total hours]
Can I have my friends and family at immersion?
We welcome friends and family on the last day of all of our immersions for graduation, but they cannot stay with you or visit at teacher training due to the very intensive schedule as well as the immersion experience. We have a very brief, respectively speaking, time together and it is a very intensive training. We apologize for this inconvenience and can only make exceptions for nursing mothers who have approval.
- Because all modules are immediately accessible after individual purchasing or purchasing an immersion in it’s entirety, we cannot issue any refund for materials that have already been viewed, received, or used, this applies to any and all Modules available at and through YogaFaith.
- [All] Trainings ; 200 and 300 hour Immersion funds can be transferred to another immersion within an allocated time period. If you have signed up for any of these and can no longer attend, funds from a 200 or 300 hour training may be able to transfer to the next 200 or 300 hour training.
- Funds cannot be transferred if: an accountability partner or group have already been assigned OR it is before 7 weeks prior to immersion. [Based on your paid reservation we count you “IN”. We then pay venues based on a specific head count. You won’t have a “credit” or “balance” with us as your monies went to a specific training and the reason we cannot transfer or refund it within this time period.] Specialty Trainings are non-refundable and non-transferable, specific venues with various hosts and locations cause specialty certification trainings to be non-refundable.
- YogaFaith Children’s YTT, Trauma Sensitive YogaFaith, 12 Step YogaFaith are just some of our Specialty Certification Programs : All material is immediately accessible and cannot be refunded for any portion.
- Webinars cannot be refunded.
- Any online or in-person is non-refundable.
- Scholarships, discounted tuition, Reserving Your Space or any application fees cannot be refunded.
- Stretching Your Faith book and/or video is non refundable.
- Apparel; We are happy to exchange or refund any unworn and unused clothing.