Did you know…
We are a leadership academy! YogaFaith prides itself on cultivating our students’ unique God given gifts and talents. YogaFaith will develop and nurture the confidence and potential that God has placed inside you, so that you can share your unique gifts with the World. We live in a broken world, that can often be quite dark. The world needs more light! We need you! You will have the boldness and confidence to shine your light before all the world as well as deepen your walk with Christ, and oh yes, learn amazing yoga from the best instructors in their field.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to have experience?
No, not at all. This training is a perfect way to begin your journey as well as deepen your journey. We have had students with previous trainings say that they learned so much more at YogaFaith!
For the beginner, we start at the foundation. Our training is Bible-based and centered around God, Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. We dive deep into the Postures of Prayer, Meditation, Chanting, Energy Bodies, and other tools to worship God found first in the Bible before anywhere else. You will learn a lot, but relax, it’s the most amazing ride…so buckle up!
What is a Miracle Immersion?
Almost impossible to put into words, YogaFaith’s Miracle Immersion is, in it’s simplest term, a God-bath. A drenching. An immersing. A miracle immersion is our main immersion, 7-8 days, of a life-changing and course-altering time together with brothers and sisters from around the world that you get to spend all of eternity with!
It is also the place where:
- No experience is needed
- God will meet you
- You will dive deep into His presence and Word
- Learn how to redeem biblical principles for His glory
- Build from the foundation up
- Explore Postures of Prayer
- Yogic principles and philosophies
- Yoga Sutras through the lens of Christ
- The beginner and advanced practitioner come together
- You will leave completely transformed, equipped and empowered
- You will be awakened to numerous paths but with a clear direction to your God-given purpose and destiny!
- You will become a Registered YogaFaith Trainer, R-YFT!
As a Yoga Alliance School, I heard you have to study the Yoga Sutras and other things that I may have conflicts with, is this true?
YogaFaith is centered on the Word of God and the scriptures in The Holy Bible. There are yogic techniques that we compare to Christ and the Bible, but it is for study and comparison just with any other type of education. As a yoga training ground, we would be doing a disservice to our students if we didn’t observe other yoga traditions, techniques and philosophies. This is the world our graduates go into, we want our students to graduate as confident and knowledgeable instructors, able to relate to all walks of life and have a deep understanding of who they are in Christ. YogaFaith also has YogaFaith Sutras, an in-depth and comprehensive exploration in redeeming the Yoga Sutras for the glory of God.
We are also committed to the highest standards of training students so they may also register as a RYT with the Yoga Alliance. We offer a variety of Specialty Trainings for our students to select a Major, or a specific area of study to become certified with YogaFaith in their specialized area, as well as gain additional hours required for the Yoga Alliance.
Any path you choose at YogaFaith equips you to be a knowledgeable, effective instructor and leader, as well as a minister of the gospel.
What types of payments or financing are available?
You may purchase Modules individually at $250 to “pay as you go.” Modules can then be deducted from any future immersion or Yoga Alliance Training, we ask that you not let more than 12 months pass from the time of purchasing Module One to attending an immersion.
YogaFaith accepts all forms of payments major credit cards as well as Paypal, checks, and cash.
Because we want to make it available to everybody, we also offer financing and payment plans on an individual need basis if beginning with Module One’s $250 is difficult. Some students have created a fundraiser to get their community involved.
How are scholarships awarded?
Scholarships are awarded a couple of different ways.
- A need-basis; We ask that you only apply for a scholarship if there is a true need. YogaFaith operates on a bare-minimum and thank you in advance.
- Donations from charities or local community fundraisers are done specifically for scholarships; based on funds available, monies can go towards one or more applicant.
- See more information HERE
If I pay for the modules do I also have to pay for the immersion?
Our entire program is designed with the utmost flexibility in mind. You can start your YogaFaith journey at anytime, from anywhere in the world.
- Our 200 Hour Teacher Training, Distant or in person, includes 5 modules, each at $250. You may purchase one at a time, (which makes for a great payment plan as well) or you can save $100 by purchasing them all at once, see The Complete Modules.
- When you purchase an immersion, all five modules are included in the cost of immersion.
- You can obtain your R-YFT Certification from anywhere in the world, you do not have to join an immersion.
- If you should decide to join an immersion, monies spent on modules within 12 months of purchasing, can be applied to a YogaFaith Immersion. [All five module would be a deduction of 1150/1250 toward your Miracle Immersion]
I am already a RYT but seeking to add the YogaFaith certification and become a part of the family, how do I do this?
We would love for you to join this incredible family that does life together everyday! By this question, you already know that this is not just a school where you come and leave with a piece of paper and off you go. No! We remain linked forever and share community daily, prayer requests, praise reports, class outlines, playlists, incredible free resources and so much more!
YogaFaith supports you in every bit of your journey forever. You will know your next steps, how to get started and we will help people find you and any other business you do. YogaFaith never charges you to list you on our website and strongly believes that supporting one another should not have a price.
We have numerous testimonies of students coming through our training’s where it is their second 200 hour training with the highest compliment that they learned so much! Graduates say that our training was such an in-depth and breathtaking body of work that it was completely different than their previous training.
- If you are a RYT, receive a $250 discount on the 5 online Modules and complete our distant certification for only $999 [instead of $1250].
- You may attend an immersion, there is nothing that can replace our hands-on immersion, life-altering experiences!
- Choose a main immersion and a specialty training to complete your additional 200 hour teacher training and be able to register with the Yoga Alliance.
Upon completion of training what will I be equipped to do?
Part of our mission at YogaFaith is to equip you for success, throughout as well as long after your training. After receiving your 200 or 300 Hour Certificate, or any of our specialty trainings, R-YFT, you will be a Registered YogaFaith Trainer. You may instruct, train, lead classes, workshops, or other venues. You may choose to never become an instructor at all, but you will gain the wisdom, confidence, and leadership skills to become the best you possible and grow tremendously in your walk with Christ and confidence.
You will also be able to guide others into a holistic, wellness lifestyle and meet people from all over the world on the same path and develop lifelong friendships and gain an eternal family! YogaFaith is not just a yoga and leadership school, it is a family and we are very intentional about staying connected. We offer retreats, reunions, First Thursday monthly calls, virtual bible studies, private groups to do life together, pray and share vision.
YogaFaith never charges to support and serve you! We list you on our website, along with your other passions, so people can find you and you may build community and your personal ministry.
What is a Specialty Training?
A Specialty Training is your Major. Like college, you get the choice to choose a subject you wish to major in. A Specialty Training is not required to receive your Registered YogaFaith Trainer Certification, but is required in addition to your Miracle Immersion, to be eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance.
A Specialty Training is an area of special populations or specific area of ministry that you desire to become an expert in. We highly recommend Trauma Sensitive YF, YF 12 Step and Recovery, Adaptive YF and Meditation and Nidra be at the top of your list.
Attend a Specialty Training for:
- Stand alone certification
- Continued Education Credits and Hours [Distant is Non Contact Hours and Immersion is Contact Hours]
- Complete your YogaFaith Yoga Alliance Requirements
What if I have other people that want to get certified with me?
Awesome! If you bring someone with you, YogaFaith will reward you for spreading the good news by discounting your tuition $200.00 each! It is our way of saying thank you!
Is it okay to practice Yoga or take training while pregnant?
If you practiced yoga before conception it is okay to continue, it’s a great option for physical fitness during pregnancy and a wonderful way to ease anxiety, stress, or tension. You (may) want to avoid inversion postures or compressing the abdominal at any time during your pregnancy. Yoga will help strengthen the pelvic area, normalize thyroid functions and blood pressure, these are all great benefits to you and the baby. You will learn about Pre- and Post- Natal Yoga during training as well as be trained by professionals that will guide you into modifications during your time at YogaFaith. Yoga is an exceptional way to connect with Christ, pray, and bond with your unborn baby.
Asana is not required, only being present at all the trainings is required.
I recently had surgery and my mobility is limited, can I still attend Immersion?
Absolutely! You will have a front row seat to Yoga Therapeutics, yoga created for those with limitations. We dive into chair yoga and yoga for limitations, what better time for you to truly experience these applications? This will be a time for you to rest, absorb and practice yoga therapy firsthand.
Again, asana is not required, only being present at all the trainings is required.
Also note a Miracle Immersion as well as Specialty Trainings are very intensive days of learning lectures, asana and student demonstrations. Our days begin very early and end very late. Self care is vital during our time together.
Do I have to complete all the modules before coming to a retreat?
No. No matter where you are in the journey of the modules you can attend a hands on training. This is the place where everything comes together and you will receive the lead contact hours necessary if you are interested in registering with the Yoga Alliance. Please note, YogaFaith is not the governing body that issues your Registered Yoga Trainer status, we only issue your Registered YogaFaith Trainer, R-YFT status, Yoga Alliance will issue you the RYT status. For both R-YFT and RYT, you must complete all requirements, contact and non contact hours through a hands-on immersion and your chosen elective or Major. (Trauma Sensitive, 12 Step and Recovery, Meditation and Nidra, Children’s, etc.) Your elective is done prior to a main immersion and can also be done after your main immersion.
Perhaps you have not even begun the modules, that is okay too, you will start your journey at immersion, this is your personal journey with the Lord and yoga.
- To receive your 200 Distant R-YFT Certification, you will need to complete all five online modules, pass the respective quizzes and send your final in.
- To receive your 200 Hour R-YFT Certificate on the last day of immersion, you will need to complete all Modules and respective quizzes, and all sessions at immersion.
- To be eligible as a 200 RYT with the Yoga Alliance, you will need to complete the above as well as select a major and attend a specialty training of your choice.
What if I am unable to attend retreat or immersion?
We understand life happens and retreat is not always available. Our Distant Certification is a perfect fit for your lifestyle. Modules can be done at your own pace in your own time. You will need to conduct a well-rounded YogaFaith class, minimum of 30 minutes demonstration video, complete the five quizzes that accompany the five modules, and practicum hours to complete your training. After completion you will receive your Distant Registered YogaFaith Trainer Certification, R-YFT. If you have paid for immersion you will be refunded excluding any modules received.
We recommend this program to be done within 3-6 months.
Can I register with the Yoga Alliance after completing the Distant Learning Program?
No, registering with the Yoga Alliance would require attending an hands on immersion and an additional Specialty Training. We highly recommend Trauma Sensitive YogaFaith as all of us carry some trauma.
Can I register with the Yoga Alliance after completing an Immersion?
- In regards to 200 Hour: If you have completed your Major (Specialty Training) prior to your main immersion, yes. You must complete a total of 180 contact hours to register with the Yoga Alliance. An immersion and a specialty training will achieve this.
- In regards to 300/500 Hour: You must complete Part I, II and III of YogaFaith Master’s to achieve 270 contact hours. [Part I, Master Modules, Part II Master Immersion, Part III, Major such as Adaptive, Special Populations, 12 Step and Recovery]
Can I attend YogaFaith’s 300 hour YTT to become a 500 RYT if my previous training is not Yoga Alliance certified?
- If you have had previous training, you may join our 300/500 Master Training to receive your Registered YogaFaith Master Trainer Certification, R-YFMT, at the 500 hour level program. Your previous training can be from a non-yoga alliance school.
- If you are not [already] registered through the Yoga Alliance with your previous training, YogaFaith is unable to compensate you for a non-Yoga Alliance 200 hour training at our Master Training. In other words, to become a 500 RYT with the Yoga Alliance both your 200 and 300 hour training need to be with a Registered Yoga Alliance School.
- Call or email if you have any questions, we are here to help. Direct: [email protected]
Can I have my friends and family at immersion?
Since this is a sacred space, we want to maintain the intimacy and privacy of the group and there for we are asking that family members not be present at the immersion or graduation. We have a very brief, respectively speaking, time together and it is a very intensive training. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Some immersions offer a Breathe and Wander Retreat, with the option of half day or full day attendance, as well as Continued Education Credits, if an immersion is open to retreat, anyone can join these and is a perfect time to connect.
- Because all modules are immediately accessible after individual purchasing or purchasing an immersion in it’s entirety, we cannot issue any refund for materials that have already been viewed, received, or used, this applies to any and all Modules available at and through YogaFaith.
- Immersions can be refunded excluding the Module Costs.
- [All] Training’s ; 200 and 300 hour Immersion funds can be transferred to another immersion for a $100 Transfer Fee . If you have signed up for any of these and can no longer attend, funds from a 200 or 300 hour training can be reimbursed (excluding modules) and may be able to transfer to the next 200 or 300 hour training.
- Funds cannot be transferred if: an accountability partner or group have already been assigned OR it is before 7 weeks prior to immersion. [Based on your paid reservation we count you “IN”. We then pay venues based on a specific head count. You won’t have a “credit” or “balance” with us, as your monies went to a specific training and the reason we cannot transfer or refund it within this time period.] Specialty Trainings are non-refundable and non-transferable, specific venues with various hosts and locations cause specialty certification trainings to be non-refundable.
- YogaFaith Children’s YTT, Trauma Sensitive YogaFaith, 12 Step YogaFaith are just some of our Specialty Certification Programs : All material is immediately accessible and cannot be refunded for any portion.
- Webinars/online trainings, scholarships, discounted tuition, Reserving Your Space or any application fees are non-refundable as stated at the time of purchase.
- Apparel; We are happy to exchange or refund any unworn and unused clothing.