YogaFaith Prison Ministry October 2017 Nashville, TN
This training includes Trauma Sensitive Module One!
Dates: October 20-21, 2017 | The Donelson Fellowship Church | 3210 McGavock Pilke, Nashville, TN
Schedule: 6:00pm-9pm Friday | 8am-6pm Saturday | Optional Last Supper Saturday evening
Join YogaFaith Ambassador Colleen Smallwood, Natalie Scholberg and a guest speaker from prison staff for a 2 day training in Nashville, TN for YF Prison Ministry Training.
25 hours total certification, divided into non-contact and contact hours.
- YogaFaith Trauma Sensitive Module One
- YogaFaith Prison Ministry Manual and Curriculum
- Continued Education Hours provided.
- Selections of Van der Kolk’s The Body Keeps Score
- All training hours, CEC’s, Sessions and Certification
- Upon completion you can be eligible to host a training and certify inmates to teach YogaFaith. Please send written instructions to Natalie and me, however brief as to what you want us to
- You will leave registered with the prison ministry as a R-YFPM-Registered YogaFaith Prison Ministry.
- Intimate connection with God and one another
What to expect inside prison walls
- Prison yoga/trauma-sensitive teaching practice
- We’ll discuss other at-risk populations (addiction recovery; transitional programs; prison and addiction recovery staff)
- Getting started; resources
- The YF philosophy of training teachers and inmates
- Learn how to boldly act out Isaiah 61, to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free.
- Could this be your calling? Learn about why we teach yoga in prison.
- Leave connected to your “Power Station” – your YogaFaith family and support system forever!
R-YFMT, RYT, IAYT, BA and RN
Colleen Smallwood RYT 200, R-YFMT 500, R-TSYF, YF-A
As a certified Yoga teacher with 10 years’ experience Colleen elected to earn her RYT-200 with YogaFaith
before completing her 300/500-hour Master’s level training. As a Christ follower and Registered Nurse
Colleen teaches yoga from a perspective of spiritual, physical, mental and emotional health through
using our bodies, breath, and meditation on Gods’ word. Her classes are fun, worshipful, calming,
healing, and full of joy.
Colleen is a Registered Trauma Sensitive YogaFaith teacher as well as a YogaFaith Ambassador and
shares this love of healing by volunteer teaching YogaFaith at The Next Door, which serves women who
have been impacted by addiction, trauma, and, or incarceration. She also volunteers at the Tennessee
Prison for Women.
Colleen is the owner of Harmony House of Yoga. She happily lives in Nashville, TN where Ya’ll really is a
Natalie began her personal yoga practice in Woodstock, IL in 2007. She attended her first Christ-centered yoga class after moving to Dallas in 2009. The teacher didn’t have anyone who could substitute, so Natalie offered to assist by becoming a registered yoga teacher. Her ability to sub was cut short, though, by a move to Nashville.
After a conversation with YogaFaith Founder, Michelle Thielen, Natalie began to research prison yoga and wrote about how to begin a prison yoga ministry, resulting in the YogaFaith Prison Ministry course. She is now teaching in two county jails and an addiction recovery center and is passionate to raise up more teachers to bring the Good News to the incarcerated and those transitioning to freedom through Scripture-infused yoga.
Natalie lives in the Nashville area where she leads the New Leaf Communications Group, an integrated marketing communications agency. She loves Jesus, yoga, herb gardening and climbing.
- Yoga teachers
- Therapists, Counselors and those seeking additional trauma training
- Prison Volunteers or those wishing to assist the incarcerated
- Youth Counselors and Therapists
- Those interested in teaching at risk youth and in detention halls
- Addiction recovery volunteers seeking a Christ-centered program for teaching yoga and meditation to at-risk populations who are incarcerated or in recovery.
Required Textbooks [not provided]
Stretching Your Faith
Yoga Therapy & Integrative Medicine
The Body Keeps Score, Dr. Bessel Van Der Kolk
Reserve Your Spot:
These trainings sell out quickly, so reserve your spot soon.
* $200 Non-refundable deposit saves your spot at an Immersion-this is deducted from the immersion cost.