This product includes:
- Part I; Distant Training Online Calls: 5/23, 5/30, 6/6 and 6/13
- Pat II; 2 day, 1 night Hands On Immersion at The Hampton Inn, SeaTac 8/11 – 8/12/2018
- YogaFaith Yin Guide
- His Breath, Pranayama for the Christian Yogi, A Publication of YogaFaith [Instant PDF Download]
- Habits of Grace, David Mathis [Instant PDF Download]
- If you would like to receive the distant only certification, please see here
- see all details of the hands-on portion HERE
- 15 hours of non contact and 15 hours contact for a total of 30 hours of continued education
- Required Textbooks, SEE HERE
Yin yoga was created to place moderate stress on the connective tissues; tendons, ligaments and fascia, to focus on increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. Yin focuses on the internal depths, instead of the external superficial. It is a very slow-paced form of yoga, with specific postures that are held anywhere from 45 seconds to 20 minutes. In most western classes,postures are explored for approximately 3-5 minutes.
Yin, generally speaking is a more meditative approach to yoga it focuses on cultivating awareness of inner silence and self examination. In YogaFaith, all that we do includes Jesus at the center and is based on the Bible. We learn through scriptures that God wants us to meditate…often. YogaFaith Yin is a slow, sacred meditation. We will learn to take the postures of yin as well as the postures of prayer and offer them up as whole worship. A body prayer. An offering. Complete and undistracted worship.