Trauma Sensitive Yoga Faith Training | Soma Ranch Montgomery, TX
June 11th – 15th, 2020
Price: $2495, includes lodging, 3 meals per day, Introduction to Sozo and Somatics
June 11 – 15th, 2020
Last Day to Register: 5/31/20
10176 Pooles Rd. Montgomery, Texas, 77356
This course is approved through the International Association of Yoga Therapists, IAYT
Contact Person: Derek Thielen
By email: [email protected]
Subject: Trauma Sensitive YogaFaith Training June 2020
- Registered Trauma Sensitive YogaFaith Certification, R-TSYF
- Introduction to Sozo and Somatics
- All Training Sessions, 5 days 4 nights
- Continued Educations Credits Provided
- 3 delicious meals per day.
- TSYF Module One and Two
- TSYF, Includes reading, webinars, and soul work for your own TSYF Student/Patient Practice.
Explore every type of trauma and learn how TSYF is used as therapy and treatment for complex, developmental trauma or chronic PTSD. This training includes 2 TSYF Modules that focus on complex trauma, sex trafficking victims, refugee families, domestic abuse, military, children and therapy.
- Textbooks for required reading.
- TSYF Manual, purchase in store for $15.
- Transportation from the airport, student ride share available
- Sozo and Somatics Certification (Required SS Textbooks and reading are not required for this TSYF) You will experience sessions, this is not a Sozo and Somatics Certification
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Marriage and/or Family Therapists
- Pastoral Counselors and Clergy
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- First Responders
- Survivors of Complex Trauma
- Yoga Instructors
- Military Personal
- Detention or Incarcerated Employees
R-YFT, R-TSYF, YF-LT
Shannon is a Yogafaith 200 hour and Trauma Informed Instructor, as well as certified in Yogafaith Nidra and Meditation. Second to Jesus, Holistic medicine is her passion. Shannon started her own healing journey in 1999 when she discovered hands on healing through massage therapy. She has not stopped exploring healing modalities, including Chinese medicine, yoga, meditation, prayer, and now completing her tool bag with the addition of Yogafaith’s Sozo and Somatic Therapy Certification.
Holy Coping Skills is the message she brings to senior centers, schools, and life. Her goal is bring these mandatory life skills into every institution, school, and home in our world.
YogaFaith is honored to have Shannon teach as a YogaFaith Lead Trainer, YF-LT. We are excited for you to be blessed by her wealth of knowledge.
R-YFT, A.C.E, C-IAYT
A student of Peter Levine’s, Michelle brings a unique dynamic healing tool to move trauma through the body, simultaneously allowing the healing flow of the blood of Jesus to do the true and lasting healing! She created the combination of Sozo Ministry and Somatic healing and is excited to share with you Sozo and Somatics!
Michelle has been registered with the American Council of Exercise since 2009 and is a Registered Christian Yoga Association Master Trainer, R-CYAMT. She is an international speaker and author of the widely popular Christian Yoga book, Stretching Your Faith. Michelle has taken hundreds of students into highly skilled yoga trainers and confident leaders with numerous Teacher Training’s through her two accredited schools. She is also a provider of continued education credits and a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists, IAYT.
She began studying and practicing yoga in the late 80’s while professionally dancing in Portland, Oregon where she was born and raised. Eventually the love of yoga and it’s numerous benefits led her into instructing and sharing the wonderful gift of yoga with others, but it was her passion for Christ that led her to YogaFaith.
She has been instrumental in helping others heal through yoga and faith, but it is God the Almighty that is glorified in the true transformation of people. There have been hundreds of miracle healings and testimonies of surrender and restoration through YogaFaith classes.
I am in awe of what the Lord continued to do through this Masters Program! We keep it intimate and this training is already at half capacity! I know, that this next Master Training is not only going to knock our socks off, but it’s going to blow our hair dry! He is taking all of us to the next level! I can’t wait to be with each of you and bask in His presence and the great tools of deepening our Postures of Prayer together!
Helen Terry, R-YFT
Helen has a Royal Society of Arts Certification in Exercise to Music and a B. Ed. (Hons) in Physical Education. She immigrated to the US in 1990, as an International Teaching Fellow, to complete her master’s degree (M.Ed.) in Exercise Physiology. Helen is a 2nd degree Nia Black belt teacher and international trainer. Helen is also a Certified Body Ecologist and a Dance Therapy Specialist, with extensive experience in Authentic Movement and Nia 5 Stages of Healing.
Since becoming a Christian in 1996, Helen has prayed for God to lead the way, to bring her profession and faith together. YogaFaith feels like an all confirming answer to 22 years of prayer. Now certified to teach YogaFaith, Helen (with the help of talented local teachers) is developing a fabulous YogaFaith program at Soma Ranch Retreat, Montgomery, TX.
I consider myself an inspirer as much as an educator. My God given purpose is to serve, to make an inspirational difference in people’s lives through movement and how I live my life. When I teach YogaFaith, I adore watching how folks light up! It’s phenomenal how many people’s lives are being changed through this practice. I consider it a blessing to have found YogaFaith and a privilege to teach and share this wonderful program”.
• B.Ed (hons) in Physical Education and Special Need
• M.Ed in Exercise Physiology and Human Performance,
• Dance Therapy Specialist (Authentic Movement)
• Certified Body Ecologist.
• Founder, and former co owner of Studio NiaMoves Houston, (1996 – 2016) www.niamoves.com
• Creator of “Soma Ranch” Montgomery Texas. (est. 2009) www.somaranch.com
• International Fitness and Wellness presenter (30+ conferences)
Credentials: B. Ed. (Hons), M. Ed., R.S.A., C.B.E., Physical Education Teacher, Exercise Physiologist, Dance Therapy Specialist, Certified Body Ecologist
Mandatory Group Call: 5/28/2020 6:00 pm PST
- TSYF Hands-on: 6/11-6/15
- 6/11; Check in 9 am
- 6/15; Conclude 5:00 pm
AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION TO SOMA RANCH
VIA BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT (IAH)
The journey between the airport and Soma Ranch is about 60 minutes.
There will be shuttles available to transport students on June 10th. Pick up time is 3 PM at the Marriott next to the airport. Take the Shuttle to the Marriott for a 3pm pick up time.
- Cost: 1 person $70, 2 people $35 each, 3 people $30 each, 4 people $30 each.
- Up to 4 passengers share ride + fare.
- We link you with fellow passengers.
- Email [email protected] name, contact number, flight airline, number and arrival & departure times.
- Upon arrival text Iain at 281-919-6487.
Step 1: Fill out the Application
If you have already received your Letter of Acceptance, then you may register here online.
Reserve Your Spot:
These trainings sell out quickly, so reserve your spot soon.
* $200 Non-refundable deposit saves your spot at an Immersion-this is deducted from the immersion cost.