Yin yoga was created to place moderate stress on the connective tissues; tendons, ligaments and fascia, to focus on increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. Yin focuses on the internal depths, instead of the external superficial. It is a very slow-paced form of yoga, with specific postures that are held anywhere from 45 seconds to 20 minutes. In most western classes,postures are explored for approximately 3-5 minutes.
Yin, generally speaking is a more meditative approach to yoga it focuses on cultivating awareness of inner silence and self examination. In YogaFaith, all that we do includes Jesus at the center and is based on the Bible. We learn through scriptures that God wants us to meditate…often. YogaFaith Yin is a slow, sacred meditation. We will learn to take the postures of yin as well as the postures of prayer and offer them up as whole worship. A body prayer. An offering. Complete and undistracted worship.
Stretching Your Faith contains meditations for each asana family, and every posture. contains a biblical observance and scripture contemplation.
- Learn how to offer Christ centered meditations, breathwork and whole worship, a body prayer and offering to Christ
- Learn how to effectively guide, cue and use creative directives for others to experience a deep healing
- Focus on the internal as oppose to the external
- Continued education credits are available
- Receive your Registered YogaFaith Yin Trainer Certificate
- This designation and certification will open numerous doors into the private and public, Christian and non-Christian, Yin sectors.
- See full details of this one day intensive HERE
Required Textbooks Included [These are provided in PDF form through YogaFaith]
Habits of Grace, David Mathis His Breath, Pranayama for the Christian Yogi
Required Textbooks [not provided]
The Bible Stretching Your Faith , Michelle Thielen The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga, Bernie Clark