YogaFaith Dance and Embodiment Immersion
If you can walk you can dance. If you can talk you can sing. Zimbabwean Proverb
Those who enjoy worshiping with body and voice are invited to this special day:
- Meet like minded creatives
- Become a part of the global YogaFaith Family
- Be the foundation of YogaFaith’s Dance and Embodiment Movement and Christian Entertainers
- Learn from Christian choreographers, dancers, worshipers including our own former NBA and WNBA dancer Michelle Thielen
- Explore various styles of dance and movement
- Continued Education [contact hours] are provided
- Certificate of Completion Provided
- Registered YogaFaith Dance & Embodiment Trainer, R-YFDE Certification Program launches Winter of 2020
- No experience is needed
- All are welcome
Stella Almblade, R-YFT, International Dancer
Stella received her BFA in dance and BA in Spanish linguistics from the University of Arizona, and has just began thr journey of seminary! Stella’s main passion is bringing the love of God and the Good News to everyone, especially dancers of the world and where she resides in New York City. Stella has danced with Ad Deum Dance Company, Footprints Dance Company, Arrows International, Helen Simoneau Danse, Arizona Opera, and in Memoria with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
She has studied at The Ailey School, Steps On Broadway, Peridance, and Gibney Dance Center in New York City as well as with Guadalajara Ballet Folklórico(México), Rimini in Danza (Italy), and Flamenco Don Benito (Spain). Stella is also a trained actress, having studied at The Barrow Group and at world renown VO Edge Studio in New York City. Although Stella’s performance credits include national televised events, music videos, industrials, hospitals, street corners, major motion pictures, premieres, concerts, site specific productions, and on some of the most famous stages all over the world with major companies, her greatest joy is knowing Christ!
Combining her love of Christ, dance, and missions, Stella has had the honor of spreading the Good News through dance in over 40 countries and served with organizations such as Youth With A Mission, Operation Mobilization, Arrows International, Project Dance, European Arts Missions, and Ad Deum summer tours. Stella believes that nothing compares to the presence of God and cannot wait to see what God will do at with YogaFaith Dance! Stella is currently faculty with Dance Revolution and a dance instructor at Ballet Hispánico. Stella is also co-director of Atmosphere Dance Company in New York City, associated with Project Dance. Stella is a YogaFaith certified instructor and a comprehensive certified Pilates teacher. A member of the Pilates Method Alliance, Stella serves as a Pilates Teacher Trainer through Pilates Academy International and at several Pilates training centers in New York City.
You will be beyond blessed by Stella at our Pennsylvania immersion day.
Sarah Sheard, YF-A, YF-LT, Dancer, Somatic and Embodied Trainer
Sarah has practiced and enjoyed the many benefits of yoga for over a decade. With a passion for helping others attain holistic health she reaches her clients needs body, mind and spirit; through honoring Gods design and his truth of health and wellness applied. Sarah has been teaching for over two years and is a graduate of YogaFaith.
Sarah ignites a free flowing practice within all of her students, in hope of liberating others to experience joy and freedom in new and exciting ways. With influences such as tai chi and Qi gong her students experience fluidity of movement and spirit in all aspects of their practice. Sarah has always been an avid dancer partaking in ecstatic, Latin infused dance and tribal movement among many other forms of human expression.
Be blessed by this amazing YogaFaith sister at our Los Angeles Immersion day!
Amy Kuscsik, YF-LT, YF-A, Dancer, Somatic and Embodied Trainer
YogaFaith Lead Trainer, YF-LT, holds certifications in Adaptive, Restorative, Trauma Sensitive, Meditation & Nidra. She is a Trauma Sensitive Yoga Practitioner with a children’s counseling agency and also holds a private yoga practice. Amy has been part of a creative worship ministry, dance and somatic movement for over 15 years and currently pursuing her yoga therapy certification.
She looks forward to sharing the word of God through movement at our Pennsylvania Immersion day!
Fran Pritchard, R-YFT, R-CYAT, YF-A, Dancer, Somatic and Embodied Trainer
Yogafaith is the miracle I didn’t know I was praying for! He has been so faithful to guide me through this life changing journey. Hallelujah! I have become a new creation. I am transformed and filled with a purpose that blesses me as I passionately serve others!As of 2017 I am R-YFT 200 and look forward to adding more Yogafaith certifications to my tool belt. I will be taking the Christian Meditation Guided Nidra Certification | Feb.4, 2018 I am also a Certified Aromatouch Technician with doTERRA Essential Oils. I love incorporating essential oils as well as other mediums such as art and journaling into my Yogafaith classes. I am available for individual or group sessions as well as retreats. I mainly teach Gentle Yoga while instructing for options of more challenging poses.
We cannot wait for you to meet this amazing YogaFaith sister!
Michelle Thielen, R-CYAMT
Called the Yoga Pastor, Michelle Thielen, R-CYAMT, is a speaker, author of Stretching Your Faith and traveling yogi who has been teaching somatic movement through dance and yoga for over 20 years. A student of Peter Levine’s Somatic Experience (SE), and Eric Walrabenstein’s therapy for psychological wounds, Michelle is passionate about helping the world heal from trauma to live a life of purpose.
Michelle is also a former NBA and WNBA dancer, she looks forward to moving and worshiping with you at both the PA and LA Immersion days!
- Check back for details this winter
- Nothing required besides showing up
- All are welcome
- Contact Hours and CEC/CEU’s Certificate of Completion of Provided
- Connecting to the YF Family
- Choreography in Dance, Somatic and Embodied Movement will be for every level
- You will be the foundation of our YF Dance Intensive and Certification Program
- Lodging is not required however, we have secured a special rate at event venue (See LA or PA Immersion Pages)
- Anyone wanting to learn or advance their dance, somatic or embodied movement
- Somatic practitioners and educators
- Yoga teachers
- Therapists and Counselors
- Youth Counselors and Therapists
- Those interested in teaching at risk populations
- Addiction recovery volunteers seeking a Christ-centered program for teaching embodiment and somatics to at-risk populations who are incarcerated or in recovery
- Those who work with Trauma populations or special populations
- Receive continued education
- 8:30 Check In
- 9am Opening
- 9:15-11:30am Sessions
- 11:30-12:30pm Lunch
- 12:30-2:30pm Session
- 2:30-3pm Closing